Who is Finalsite?
When Finalsite first started, we noticed that there were better ways for schools to apply technology in their environments and we felt that we could truly make a difference by providing web-based software solutions that would allow schools to take full advantage of technology that was being leveraged by other industries outside of the education space. Twenty years later, Finalsite works with almost 2,000 schools worldwide and our mission is to be the global provider of school marketing and communications services. We are an industry leader who delivers best-in-class design and software solutions for attracting and retaining families; simplifying school-to-home communications; engaging alumni and donors; and managing the complex requirements around data privacy, accessibility, hosting and security.
Finalsite is seeking an energetic, motivated, and team-oriented application developer to build, enhance and maintain our comprehensive web-based software solutions. Would you like to contribute to the education sector while utilizing agile and test driven development methodologies? Does gaining exposure to both front and back-end coding in a heavily used web software product that schools rely on every day sound enticing? We are headquartered in Glastonbury, CT and are looking for a talented engineer based in North America . You will be challenged to expand your knowledge base and hone your web programming skills in a friendly, fun, and fast-paced environment.
What does a Senior Software Engineer at Finalsite do?
- Works as a member of a cross-functional team to develop new web-based modules using Ruby, Rails, Backbone.js, and PostgreSQL, using RSpec and Jasmine to write unit tests.
- Enhances existing web-based components.
- Successfully interacts with product owners, quality assurance testers, other developers, and system architect on a daily basis to produce end to end software solutions
- Remains current on web development techniques.
- Suggests new tools and methods to improve development efficiency.
- Brings ideas to the team to evolve our processes
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience developing web applications using Ruby on Rails. We will consider exceptional candidates with experience on other Web Application frameworks
- Detail-oriented with ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly.
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus. RSpec and Jasmine are preferred
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML, and Object-oriented programming.
- Basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Organizational ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Natural collaborator and communicator who prefers developing in a team environment.
- The ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team.
Please mention that you come from CodeForThem
when applying for this job.