We are looking for a passionate engineer who is interested in owning the end to end experience, system design and implementation of Unscene's 3D presentation. The engineer should ideally have experience working full stack. We value strong technical background and previous development experience in delivering breakthrough products and services. The ideal engineer is a highly motivated leader who leverages existing knowledge and experience to quickly pick up new skills and knowledge.
The engineer must be comfortable with communication with different stakeholders and be able to simplify and communicate complex concepts. The engineer is expected to lead and manage engineering projects, coordinate between product and engineering teams to co-create a high quality 3D presentation system that launches on-time and on-budget.
The ideal lead engineer should meet the following requirements.
- You will work with the product team to clarify the requirements and be able to turn the product needs into the technical design, and provide technical feedback to the product team.
- You will lead the technical design to identify the right solution and break down the tasks.
- You will work with multiple engineers and communicate the tasks well with the team.
- You will work on the delivery of high-quality code components that will power the client and frontend experiences for our products.
- You will develop and own new 3D features from design through to implementation and launch.
- Collaborate closely with other senior engineers as well as product managers and designers.
- Focus on code quality and engage in code and design reviews.
- Develop new skills and learn new languages with the full support of your peers.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Dedication to code quality, performance and continuous improvement
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Experience with 3D/webGL libraries such as three.js, babylon.js
- Familiarity with web application and infrastructure of AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with the development lifecycle and scrum or kanban task management process
- Ability to quickly learn the job (with mentoring from others) and can mentor junior engineers
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate and interact with others, both oral and written
- Japanese speaking and listening skills
- BS in engineering or computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 2+ years of backend development experience
- English reading and writing skills
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- International working environment
- Visa and relocation support for foreign employees
Please mention that you come from CodeForThem
when applying for this job.