The Credit Technology team is focused on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 300 people globally that partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects related to pricing and risk management.
We are looking to hire a Senior Associate level Software Engineer based in London. The role is in the Options, Tranches & Exotics Pricing & Marking technology team. The successful candidate will focus on development of our strategic platform and partner closely with our business stakeholders, quantitative research partners and broader Credit technology team of highly-skilled and business-aligned technologists. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual, passionate about learning who wants to do engineering right. Being comfortable facing off to senior business stakeholders is also a key part of this role.
We have begun the journey to modernize our mature technology stack to benefit from model development by our Quantitative Research partners while utilizing the advancements in Global Technology's application and infrastructure platform offerings. It is a great opportunity for a strong technologist to join our team at this exciting time and help drive our ambitious modernization agenda forward.
What do we offer?
* A diverse, inclusive and flexible environment.
* A collaborative team of engineers eager to help each other achieve common goals.
* Close partnership with the Credit business.
* Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth.
* Cutting edge reactive programming paradigm that allows us to write asynchronous applications with greatly improved parallelism and concurrency.
* Fully automated, mature, true continuous deployment - where developers can push code in seconds from within the development environment.
* Develop strategic application alongside other team members.
* Peer review code quality, follow established SDLC and project governance processes.
* Build close business relationships with the stakeholders and manage delivery against business requirements.
* Work closely with other tech and business teams within and outside Credit, PF & CPG Lending technology group.
* BAU support and enhancement for the existing toolset to begin with and the strategic application going forward.
* Strong OO programming concepts.
* Strong knowledge of Python.
* Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems and an ability to quickly translate demands into sound technical requirements.
* Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
* Perl scripting.
* Experience with C++ on Linux and Windows.
* RDBMS like Oracle or MySQL and strong database concepts.
Knowledge/Experience Highly Desirable:
* The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related science discipline.
* Credit SME or SME for another complex asset class.
* Experience with Technology development in a Front Office capacity.
* Curiosity to learn the Credit business and products.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Posted 2 weeks agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume