As we continue to scale and grow, we are looking for an experienced Lead Developer to join and direct the ongoing development of our platform.
You will be working with a fantastic tech stack to support our roadmap, and will have the power to shape and optimise it over time. Our mobile app is built with the latest React Native and the backend is running in microservices at AWS Lambda, utilising PHP/Laravel. Our software culture promotes code quality, following industry best practice coding standards and test coverage of our code.
You should be hungry for innovation and keen to explore and utilise all of the tools available to make your work effective, efficient and industry leading. You will have support from our development agency initially, whilst in parallel helping to grow our in-house tech team.
Our expectation is that this role, with our full support and encouragement, will grow into VP of Engineering.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Understand best practices in app structure & performance and know how to identify and resolve bottlenecks
- Work in close cooperation with product manager and UX/UI designer to build high-quality experiences and architectures that will support a great user journey
- Collaborate with the company executive leadership to develop and meet organisational goals
- Build, develop, and manage the engineering team capable of carrying out our initiatives
- Lead by example with rock solid web engineering practices and test driven development
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development industry
- 7+ years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent understanding of PHP 7, working with frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, etc
- Excellent understanding of React Native and hybrid app development
- Desire to take ownership, work autonomously, and show entrepreneurial drive
- Sound understanding of SQL and relational/noSQL databases structures and when each is appropriate
- Good understanding of HTML & CSS/SASS
- Strong Knowledge of systems architecture and web technologies, and exposure to scalable, distributed and real-time platforms
- Experience developing APIs and integrating with 3rd party services
- Solid experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure (ideally using AWS Opsworks & Chef)
- Experience working within development pipelines and continuous integration
- Experience working with TDD/BDD
- Experience working within an Agile software team (SCRUM)
- Guru of all things Git/Github
range £75,000 — 90,000
Please mention that you come from CodeForThem
when applying for this job.