Senior Software Engineer – Data Lake
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team in an expanding Engineering Department delivering products to 10’s of millions of users ranging from SMEs to leading brand Enterprises?
Here at Mimecast we protect our customers from an ever-evolving threat landscape, enabling them to go about their business safe in the knowledge that we are here to protect them.
We’re looking for someone with excellent problem-solving skills, experience developing cloud-based systems at scale and having a wide range of backend skills. A willingness to learn and create is equally important as you will be exposed to multiple layers of the ecosystem in this position. you will find yourself working within AWS utilising a range of big data technologies. You need to be a self-starter willing to work within complex scheduled backend task systems with many touch points.
Objective: The Data Lake team develops and maintain the cloud-based data and AI platform at Mimecast. Our mission is to provide scalable infrastructure to enable analytics and data insights to our valued Mimecast customers. We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer in the Data Lake team, you’ll be working on building and maintaining our large-scale Analytics platform. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience developing for AWS systems that process and store petabytes of data.
- Be an ambassador for the Data Lake team, maintaining high standards and ensuring your solutions are scalable, secure and consistent in their design.
- Work with your team to provide the best and most appropriate solutions
- Build high-performance, massively scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Support and troubleshooting of production systems, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed as part of an On Call rotation.
- Lead, encourage and support others to find and engage with knowledge sharing and collaboration opportunities.
- Promote the use of working standards to achieve predictable delivery and maintain product quality.
- An ability to quickly comprehend and convert business requirement into technical solutions.
- Contribute to designing and building GreenField projects.
- Excellent Coding (Java) and scripting (Python).
- Experience developing large scale data solutions on AWS using cloud-based container platforms.
- Experience of TDD and automated testing.
- Experience working with streaming frameworks (Kafka/Kinesis).
- Experience with multithreading & low latency systems.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in scalability, reliability, performance and operational stability of distributed systems and service infrastructure.
- Familiarity of data security and working in a security conscious environment.
- Experience with data aggregation and search optimisation.
- Experience in Agile environment using approaches such as Scrum.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with a focus on CI and CD.
- Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other Software Engineers.
- Experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack.
- Experience working with distributed version control systems such as Git.
- Experience designing and implementing micro-service architectures.
- The drive and confidence to own tasks from start to finish
- Knows how to establish a solid understanding of the goals and objectives of the business
- Hands-on problem solving with a willingness to help us improve
- The flexibility to adapt to a constantly changing landscape
- Collaborating with other engineering teams as well as other parts of the business
- Team player and easy to work with
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, please speak with the Talent Acquisition Team at Mimecast to learn more about our rewards and benefits.
Check us out here too…
- StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/mimecast
- Global office virtual tour: https://vimeo.com/456651589
- Software Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
- Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
Location: 5 minute walk from Liverpool Street, London
Please mention that you come from CodeForThem
when applying for this job.